They offer best practices and solutions for nearly all types of technology and business. This helps companies and organizations increase their performance and protects the environment and consumers.
Their standards are based on global consensus and aim to reduce trade barriers.
What’s ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is the most widely recognized Quality Management System (QMS), in the world.
It helps organizations better meet their customers’ needs and those of other stakeholders. This is done by creating a framework that ensures consistent quality in the provision and use of goods or services.
The standard is based upon 7 Quality Management Principles. These include a strong customer focus and top management involvement, as well as a drive to continuous improvement.
These are the seven principles of quality management:
1 – Customer focus2 – Leadership
3 – Engagement of People
4 – The Process Approach
5 – Improvement
6 – Evidence-based decision-making
7 – Relationship management
These principles are not arranged in order of priority. Each principle’s relative importance varies from one organization to another and can change over time.
Why Do You Need ISO 9001 Certification?
An ISO 9001 certificate is objective proof for your employees, your partners, clients, and the wider world that customer satisfaction is the heart of your business.
The Key Benefits Of ISO 9001
- Increased revenue. Using the ISO 9001 reputation can help you win more contracts and tenders while increasing efficiency will increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Enhance your credibility: When organizations look for new suppliers, it’s often necessary to have a quality management system (QMS) based on ISO 9001.
- Increase customer satisfaction: By understanding the needs of your customers and reducing errors you can increase your customer confidence in your ability to deliver products and services.
- Increased operating efficiency: By following industry best practices and focusing on the quality you can lower costs.
- Improved decision making: You can quickly identify and fix problems, which will allow you to take action to prevent the same mistakes from happening again.
- Increase employee engagement: By improving internal communication, you can ensure that everyone follows the same agenda. Employees will be happier and more productive if they are involved in the design of process improvements.
- Continuous improvement culture: This is the third principle in ISO 9001. This means you implement a systematic approach for identifying and exploiting potential opportunities to improve.
- Improved supplier relationships: Using best-practice processes leads to more efficient supply chains. Certification will help you to signpost these to your suppliers.
Information About The ISO 9001 Certification Process
Planning, commitment, and resources are required to become ISO 9001 certified. The QMS is a certification body that recommends a 3-step process.
All changes to existing processes or procedures will be made.
Each year, an auditor visits our office to verify that all documented processes are being followed. Once satisfied, a new certificate will be issued.
How do you choose a certification body for your organization?
The ISO 9001 certification is most valuable when it is a certified certification body. The certification body will audit your organization and issue you ISO 9001 certification. The International Accreditation forum can help you find similar international bodies.
Evaluate several certification bodies.Although accreditation is not mandatory, it provides independent proof of competence.